[CFP] Conference 2019 – Agrarian Change and Social Reproduction Working Groups: Joint Call for Papers
This year’s IIPPE Annual Political Economy Conference will be a joint conference with the French Association for Political Economy/ L’Association Française d’Économie Politique (AFEP), with the participation of the Association for the Development of Keynesian Studies (ADEK), the Association for Heterodox Economics (AHE) and the European Association for Evolutionary Political Economy (EAEPE).
The Agrarian Change and Social Reproduction Working Groups invite you to submit proposals for individual papers, themed panels or streams of panels related to our lines of inquiry. These may include theoretical and empirical contributions that focus primarily on the deployment of a social reproduction lens to consider agrarian questions. We welcome contributions on the following themes (theoretical as well as empirically grounded research on any of the following issues are welcome):
- The relationship between the productive and reproductive sphere in agrarian questions
- Interactions between markets, states and families in the rural South
- Gender and policy change in the agricultural sector
- ‘Doing gender’ in research on agrarian change: methodological questions and issues
- The struggle for social reproduction in rural areas
- Interactions of gender, labour and class in the rural economy
- Debating the feminization of labour in agriculture
- Gender, rural social movements and capitalism
- Rural-urban migration through a gender lens
- Gendered commodity chains/ production networks
- Debating gender and land reform/ rights under global capitalism
- The political economy of time and time-use in the rural economy
- Gender and rural poverty
We welcome panel proposals and single paper proposals. If you are proposing a panel, all papers need to be submitted individually as above. In addition, please send an email indicating what papers (with their authors) you would like to be grouped into a panel (give title). This should go to Ourania Dimakou (firstname.lastname@example.org) on the Conference Committee, and please copy in the Social Reproduction and Agrarian Change working group coordinators, Hannah Bargawi (email@example.com), Sara Stevano (Sara.Stevano@uwe.ac.uk), and Jens Lerche (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To submit to this joint call please select EITHER the Agrarian Change Working Group OR the Social Reproduction Working Group.
The deadline for proposals is 15 January 2019. All other deadline dates are stated in the Electronic Proposal Form instructions.