[Conference 2013 CfP] Privatisation Working Group
Privatization Working Group: Privatization, Crisis, Alternatives Stream
Thomas Marois (SOAS, University of London, UK)
Kate Bayliss (SOAS, University of London, UK)
Ahmet Zaifer (SOAS, University of London, UK)
The theme of the 4th IIPPE Conference is “Political Economy, Activism and Alternative Economic Strategies”. Given the significance of the debates around privatization in the ongoing crisis and in the construction of socialist alternative strategies, the IIPPE Privatization Working Group will be organizing a stream of papers for presentation. Individual paper submissions are invited on and around the following areas:
- Alternatives to privatization;
- How neoliberalism and financialization have undermined public sector alternatives;
- How the crisis has shaped struggles for alternatives to privatization;
- Crisis, austerity, and privatization;
- Contemporary case studies on why privatization has accelerated;
- Contemporary case studies on workers’ struggles and privatization.
Submissions on other aspects of privatization will also be considered.
Abstracts (500 words maximum) should be submitted, with “abstract submitted iippe2013” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org and to both Thomas Marois (email@example.com) and Ahmet Zaifer (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15 February 2013.