[CfP] Conference 2017 – IPE of the Post-Soviet Space
This is a call to invite proposals to contribute to IIPPE 2017 Berlin (13-15 September) on political economy of the post-Soviet space in a changing global political economy as part of the World Economy Working Group stream.
Positioned on the crossings of the empire of capital with its internal competitions and shifting spatial and social boundaries in what used to be USSR, the post-Soviet space is torn by inequalities, economic crises, various forms of conflict, and reinvigorated struggle for geopolitical presence between the Russian empire 2.0 and the new-old west. The aim of this call is to address these complex transformations in a systematised series of sessions to give more space to the post-Soviet space in politico-economic debates.
We welcome proposals across three broad areas:
- Conflict on the fringes of empires (1): territorial (e.g. Abkhazia, Transnistria, Ukraine, Chechnya, Nagorny Karabakh, etc).
- Conflict on the fringes of empires (2): ethnic, cultural, religious.
- Economics of neoliberalism, production, and social reproduction:
- Urban struggles of survival and transformations of space.
- Rural economies, spaces, struggles.
The political economy of the post-Soviet space thematic is part of the World Economy Working Group stream. Please indicate so when you submit your abstracts.
For any questions related to this thematic call please contact me (Yuliya Yurchenko) at Y.Yurchenko@gre.ac.uk.