8th Annual Conference in Political Economy
‘The Political Economy of Inequalities and Instabilities in the 21st Century’
International Initiative for Promoting Political Economy (IIPPE)
Critical Political Economy Research Network (CPERN)
Berlin Institute for International Political Economy (IPE)
September 13-15, 2017, Berlin School of Economics and Law
Call for papers and activist proposals: Social Reproduction Working Group
The newly-established Social Reproduction Working Group brings together scholars and activists interested in addressing the theories and practices of social reproduction, whether as conceptualised in Marxism, as the reproduction of class relations, within feminism as including human reproduction and care, or through other approaches. The WG offers research, critique and policy options around social reproduction, with special attention to the vulnerabilities associated with the current crisis and continuing recession.
The Social Reproduction WG invites you to submit proposals for individual papers, thematic panels or streams of panels. We welcome contributions that address sectoral, national and global aspects of social reproduction, and how to situate these methodologically, theoretically, historically and contextually. We are interested in studies on the following themes:
- Care economy: conceptualisation, provision and measurement
- Social reproduction and gendered analyses of austerity
- Perspectives on social reproduction feminism
- Neoliberalisation of social reproduction
- Social reproduction and provision of economic, social and physical infrastructure
- Public-private partnerships and social reproduction
- Social reproduction and social policy
- Theoretical and methodological issues related to social reproduction
You can submit a proposal through the IIPPE website http://iippe.org/wp/. Follow the instructions and specify that you are submitting your proposal to the Social Reproduction Working Group in the form.
The deadline for proposals is April 1, 2017.