[CFP] Conference 2023 – Teaching Political Economy WG
IIPPE Conference 2022 – Call for papers / panel proposals
The Chronicles of Multiple Crises Foretold
SEPTEMBER 6 – 8 2023, Madrid, SPAIN
The deadline for abstracts and proposals is 15 March 2023.
Teaching Political Economy working group
- Kevin Deane email@example.com
- Lorena Lombardozzi firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elisa van Waeyenberge email@example.com
“TEACHING POLITICAL ECONOMY THROUGH THEORIES AND PRACTICES”
The Teaching Political Economy working group welcomes proposals for individual research papers, panels and other presentations.
Whilst the need for diversifying economics curriculum and social sciences at large has been articulated by both academics and student movements alike, there are a wide range of issues linked to pedagogy, teaching methods and practices that will contribute to an under-investigated but vitally important aspect of our political economy community. Further, and linked, are questions of gender representation, with the undergraduate economics student populations dominated by male students and women under-represented in academic economics positions in the UK and across Europe, highlighting the need for teaching to foster access and inclusivity for the next generation of economists.
Topics of interest could include, but are not limited to:
- How to conceptualise and integrate political ecology and socio-economic crises into standard modules such as Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Political Economy
- How the environment is represented in teaching economics and political economy
- Best practices and operationalization of teaching: case studies of socio-ecological and pandemic crisis
- Relationship between race and gender in teaching
- Student perspectives and experiences
- Experiences from the classroom with respect to teaching decolonization and diversity
We welcome panel proposals and single paper proposals. If you are proposing a panel, all papers need to be submitted individually via the Electronic Proposal Form, which you can access through the website http://iippe.org/wp/ . In addition, please send an email indicating which papers (with their authors) you would like to be grouped into a panel (give title). To submit a proposal, please go to the following link, and carefully follow the instructions there: https://whova.com/portal/registration/iippe_202309/nni4xwk1
For general information about IIPPE, its Working Groups, and the Conference, visit http://iippe.org/.
Leave a Reply