[CFP] Conference 2022 – Political Economy of Industrial Development Working Group
The 12th Annual IIPPE Conference
Socio-Ecological Crisis and the Political Economy of Sustainability
7 – 9 September 2022, Bologna, Italy
Call for Papers
Political Economy of Industrial Development (PEID) Working Group
Industrial Development and the Socio-Ecological Crisis
The Political Economy of Industrial Development (PEID) Working Group invites proposals for individual papers or panels on the theme of Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development. Proposals addressing the issue of a Socio-Ecological Crisis will be particularly welcome.
Specifically, we would welcome papers and panels focusing on the following themes:
- Heterodox perspectives on Industrial Development and Policy
- Theories of the state and state capitalism
- Global Value Chains, industrialisation, and the Global South
- Green and Sustainable Industrialisation
- Resource extraction and land use in the light of the socio-ecological crisis
- Industrialisation, de-industrialisation and de-growth
- Agrarian transition, structural transformation and resource-dependency
- Industrial challenges of commodity exporting economies in the context of the “green transition”
- ‘Green Industry’ and the Future of Work – social, political, and economic impact of the ecological transition
To submit a proposal, please go to the following link, and carefully follow the instructions there: https://whova.com/portal/registration/iippe_202209/
IMPORTANT: Please indicate INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT when you complete the electronic form.
The deadline for abstracts and proposals is 30 April 2022.
Lorenza Monaco, Pritish Behuria and Tobias Franz
Leave a Reply