[CFP] Conference 2022 – Neoliberalism Working Group
12th Annual Conference of the International Initiative for Promoting Political Economy (IIPPE), 7 – 9 September 2022, Bologna, Italy
Socio-Ecological Crisis and the Political Economy of Sustainability
Call for Papers: Neoliberalism Working Group
Ahead of the 12th Annual IIPPE Conference, the Neoliberalism Working Group invites paper and panel proposals that fit in with the general theme of the conference and the working group’s research agenda.
The Neoliberalism WG brings together researchers interested in the material basis of neoliberalism, its national varieties, and alternatives to it. For the IIPPE Conference 2022, we invite researchers working on themes at the forefront of studies in neoliberalism to submit papers to our panels and streams. Topics may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Can neoliberalism address the social crisis, the economic crisis, the political crisis and the climate crisis in neoliberalism?
- How should we understand the degradation of the environment and climate change in the context of contemporary neoliberalism?
- Can neoliberalism be sustainable, and can it build a sustainable economic and political system?
- Is neoliberalism compatible with environmental sustainability?
- How should we theorise and defeat racial neoliberalism and racial capitalism?
- How have prospects for development altered after the end of the global commodity boom, and are insights from dependency theory still valid?
- Is authoritarian neoliberalism dead or alive?
- Neoliberalism’s regional formations e.g. in Western and Eastern Europe, Latin America, sub-Saharan Africa, East and South Asia, and the Middle East?
- To what extent have left governments managed to transcend neoliberalism?
- Has the unprecedented economic and political shock of Covid-19 ushered in the end of neoliberalism?
Contact the convenors of the WG:
If you have any questions about being part of this stream please email Alfredo Saad Filho (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Submit a paper or panel proposal by 30 April 2022 at:
Important: please select the Neoliberalism Working Group when you make your submission.