Council Meeting Minutes (July 2019)
Wednesday, 3 July, 18:45, room 1.24
- Apologies: Niels Hahn
- Proposal to discuss with AFEP the pros and cons of the Lille Conference
- 2020 Ferrara Conference: Proposal to encourage the interaction between IIPPE and local Italian Networks.
- Proposal to organise a one day joint Ph.D. workshop sometime before the 2020 conference.
- Suggestions for the title/topic of the conference: Populism, Migration, Economics Education, Rise of the Extreme Right.
“Progressive Political Economy in the Age of Extremes”. “Political Economy vs Populism”
- to give 4 complete scholarships to the local organisation for colleagues who wish to come to the conference.
- Reduced conference fee for young scholars
- Reduced fee for colleagues coming from afar (Latin America, Asia, Africa) and countries that do not have paypal.
Look at the policies of other sister Associations.
- Discussion about the possibility of creating a Eurobank account resulted in the conclusion that it is difficult.
- Proposal to hold one more Council Meeting between the conferences.
- Proposal to hold the conference Council Meeting one day before the conference.
- The Council was informed about Kate Bayliss’ resignation as Treasurer and the EC’s decision to co-opt Christina Lascaridis as new IIPPE Treasurer.