[Conference 2013 CfP] Political Economy of Institutions Working Group
4th IIPPE in Political Economy, July 9-11, the Hague, the Netherlands
CALL FOR PAPERS
The International Initiative of Promotion of Political Economy (IIPPE) organises its Fourth Annual Conference in Political Economy, which will be held at the Institute for Social Studies, Erasmus University, the Hague, the Netherlands, from 9 to 11 July, 2013. The theme of the conference is “Political Economy, Activism and Alternative Economic Strategies”.
Given the significance of the role of institutions in the current ongoing crises and in the construction of alternative economic policies, IIPPE Political Economy of Institutions Working Group calls for contributions which focus on the institutional context of the crisis, as well as on strategies for reforming the existing institutional framework. We also welcome contributions that examine the broad implication of institutions for economic development. Last, contributions covering any theme within the political economy of institutions are encouraged.
- The institutional context of the economic crises: the role of institutions and organisations in causing as well as overcoming the crisis.
- Policy proposals for transforming European and national institutional frameworks.
- Economic theory of institutions (including classical political economy, Marx, American institutionalism, new institutional economics and Austrian economics).
- Critique of mainstream theories of institutions (transaction cost economics, property rights school, etc).
- Economic analysis of specific institutions within capitalism (including the market, the firm, property rights etc.).
- Institutions and development (including the role of the state, NGO’s, social networks, property rights etc.).
- Institutions and socialism (including alternative forms of property rights, competition, the market, etc.).